Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Which Side Am I On? Dear Ned. You Are Bonkers.

Attention:
Matthew Hancock, Conservative MP West Suffolk, UK
Media outlets: Bury Free Press, Diss Express, Archant Newspapers, BBC Radio Suffolk, BBC Radio Norfolk
... plus IceniPost (not really a ‘debating’ platform, yet cool people who serve the local region and kindly promote my projects)

Coney Weston sits on the Suffolk-Norfolk border, so I include Norfolk media outlets; I have dealt with all of you before, and I suggest this issue concerns all of us.

18 June 2013

Dear Matthew & local media outlets,

Which side are we on? I invite community conversation. I have sent this by e-mail. One tries to retain a sense of humour, but I am serious and am asked to write where others prefer not to be seen doing so.

We have a memorial outside our Coney Weston village hall. As we approach the 99 year anniversary of WW1, I am uncomfortable about this Syrian business. I'm about to attend my 2012-13 tax returns and wonder how it is UK taxpayers apparently finance the war against terror instigated by Al Qaeda and now there is talk of the UK financing Al Qaeda and Al Nusra alongside Syrian rebels against Syria's President Assad. How might one distinguish between a terrorist and a rebel? Which side are we on? Which side am I on?


With regard to next year's 100 year WW1 anniversary, it gives pause for thought: 1914-1918: Bloomfield, Brothers, Hogg, Hogg, Hubbard, Ollington, Sadd... exactly what did these men; teenagers; boys die for? Who did they die for? I presume they fought to maintain the freedom we have at home today; freedom for folk like me to book the village hall and invite a chin-wag with anyone who might be inclined to ask similar questions: which side are we on? I add that my Granddad Ned Pamphilon of Gasthorpe and employee at Riddlesworth Hall, thankfully came home.

I heard William Hague on BBC Radio 4 making further argument to remove the regime in Syria.
"Our priority is to save lives..."
How will arming Syrian 'rebels' save lives? As Vladimir Putin said yesterday:
"Do you want to supply arms to people who eat their enemies organs?"

I watch events unfold in Istanbul, Turkey, where I spent over 10 years, Prime Minister Tayyip Erdoğan (phonetic: air-dough-an) said during a speech to the parliament in Algeria...
"Assad... will have to pay the price sooner or later..."
About the protests in Turkey he has said:
"Nobody can intimidate us. We take no orders or instruction from anyone but God..."

I sense an increasing number of voting people here and there, asking: which side are we on? Turkey is close to my heart; these eyes of Atatürk looking over Taksim Square are from my image:


A chat with my hairdresser about her son being diagnosed with ADHD led to discussions on food, diet, politics, life etc... don’t get me started on the multi-billion $ cancer business. I was challenged to hold a community meeting... inspired by a comment about Kevin Kostner's Field of Dreams film: build it, they will come. So, I booked the village hall to find out if they will come.

There is at least one new radio/TV media outlet I am aware of being established: The People’s Voice. It’s a crazy idea and they plan to avoid censorship; we must stop being victims. I read Orwell’s 1984 in 1984 and I observe ‘thought-crime’ has become a reality. I want to make up my own mind, not have Mary Whitehouse types censoring on my behalf. You all have the choice: adapt and evolve as the market requires or become redundant. The younger generations are getting it and older generations better wise up. Please understand I wish to be constructive, helpful and available. I am informing you, not intending to alienate you.

I write as I feel, speaking up rather than not and organising the Village Hall of Dreams in my 'conservative' English countryside village where I risk being looked upon as an eccentric fool... sod it. The other week I performed guitar and song for the Botesdale Village Hall 100 year anniversary; in July I will perform at Coney Weston church. I am hardly a fringe member of the community. I am fed up with bloody endless war fighting and taxpayers funding it.

This is the 3rd Village Hall of Dreams and the first time I'm publicly announcing it. I've no idea how many will come. Some have already said they will attend, but we'll see. If nothing else we'll have a sing-song, though I trust there will be further discussion. Sure, it’s a drop in the ocean, but drops make an ocean. I suggest there are issues and discussions local newspapers and radio – that’s you lot! - could further engage in... my hairdresser certainly thinks so.

Best wishes,
Ned
Yurtta Barış Dunyada Barış!
Peace at Home, Peace in the World!
Inshallah!

Resulting articles...

Ataturk Society UK 19.06.2013
Look into my Eyes. Peace at Home, Peace in the World:
http://ataturksocietyuk.com/2013/06/19/look-into-my-eyes-peace-at-home-peace-in-the-world/
The Tap Blog 18.06.2013
Dear Ned. You are bonkers.
http://the-tap.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/dear-ned-you-are-bonkers.html
Avrupa Times 18.06.2013
Look Into My Eyes:
http://www.avrupatimes.com/world/4728-look-into-my-eyes-peace-at-home-peace-in-the-world.html
Alternative News Network: 18.06.2013
Dear Ned. You Are Bonkers:
http://alternative-news-network.net/dear-ned-you-are-bonkers/
Before It's News 18.06.2013
Dear Ned. You are bonkers.
http://beforeitsnews.com/eu/2013/06/dear-ned-you-are-bonkers-2525390.html
Iceni Blog 18.06.2013
Look Into My Eyes:
http://icenipost.com/village-hall-of-dreams-coney-weston-village-hall-friday-28-june-2013-with-ned-pamphilon/